Dyspraxia - are you clumsy? + vision problems

I've been chatting to an online friend about this and we were wondering if we have dyspraxia.

I know there is a link with autism.

When I was in the junior school a school report said: 'although not physically well co-ordinated Debra enjoys PE (physical education, sports)'.

Actually I loathed it and was hopeless and always picked last.

Very poor eyesight didn't help though so sometimes it's difficult to 'see the wood for the trees'.

My whole life I've fallen over, broken and dropped things and walked into anything really that's walkintoable.

Here's a link:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/developmental-coordination-disorder-dyspraxia-in-adults/

What about you?

Parents
  • Yeah... 

Still do drop things, bump into things, negotiate my space poorly. As a child I had a lazy eye.

Oh well. 

I'm also hopeless at remembering the way out of unfamiliar buildings. 

• I really sympathise with navigating buildings, my general sense of direction is nil, I had a hospital appointment last week, I had my X-ray done quite quickly, I then walked out the unit and walked for what seemed like ages and ended up back at the X-ray unit, I then found the lift and got off at the wrong floor, this caused a further act of wandering. The same happens in shopping centres. I can come out of a shop and just walk in a random direction.

I wonder if it’s being overwhelmed and having no bandwidth left for normal thoughts, that’s if I ever have normal thoughts!

• Hi

I also do this, my sense of direction is terrible. For me I think it’s partly not wanting to be seen as being lost. I have time and time again just walked confidently as if I know where I’m going but don’t have a clue. 

• I'm glad I inherited my Dads sense of direction which is pretty good and not my Mums which is awful, she got lost on a train she was already on! I think I must have some sort of in built satnav with a homing beacon. It even works when I'm in quite thick fog and I'm aware of hazards ahead, but it dosen't work in blizzards.

• I'm glad I inherited my Dads sense of direction which is pretty good and not my Mums which is awful, she got lost on a train she was already on! I think I must have some sort of in built satnav with a homing beacon. It even works when I'm in quite thick fog and I'm aware of hazards ahead, but it dosen't work in blizzards.

Children
No Data