Are to many normal behaviours being pathologised?

I notice here on these boards and in other places too that so many behaviours seem to be being pathologised, to  the point where I wonder if there's any meaning to it anymore? It seems to me that its lazy thinking to class something as a pathology when its actually perfectly normal. I mean do I have patholgical fire avoidance because I dont' want to get burnt?

Parents
  • Yes.

I'm quite tired. But these are good conversations to have. Along with behaviours which are expected and 'typical', which should be pathologies but aren't.

• Along with behaviours which are expected and 'typical', which should be pathologies but aren't.

A few psychopaths I've worked with could have done with having their behaviour in the work place seen as less acceptable (and far less rewarded).

• I was the victim of a very senior psychopath back in 2018. He very nearly destroyed my job and greatly impacted my self confidence.

Less than a year later he went off long term sick and was eventually forced out of the company when it became more widely recognised how toxic he was.

During his period of sick time he posted a lot on LinkedIn that he’d been diagnosed with autism and OCD.

I suppose that just shows NDs can be as poisonous as NTs. We all have different personalities. I still haven’t forgiven him for what he did.

• I was the victim of a very senior psychopath back in 2018. He very nearly destroyed my job and greatly impacted my self confidence.

Less than a year later he went off long term sick and was eventually forced out of the company when it became more widely recognised how toxic he was.

During his period of sick time he posted a lot on LinkedIn that he’d been diagnosed with autism and OCD.

I suppose that just shows NDs can be as poisonous as NTs. We all have different personalities. I still haven’t forgiven him for what he did.

Children