The sudden rise of AuDHD: what is behind the rocketing rates of this life-changing diagnosis?

Guardian article:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/04/audhd-what-is-behind-rocketing-rates-life-changing-diagnosis

I hadn't realised that these diagnoses were until recently seen to be mutually exclusive.

Parents
  • could be they revert in the future and say they got it wrong...

they will say the combo of percieved autism and adhd is actually not autism and adhd but rather is some form of bipolar... given the swing from a shy state to a hyper active not shy state.... it makes sense... and i can see them doing that in the future and changing that

• could be they revert in the future and say they got it wrong...

they will say the combo of percieved autism and adhd is actually not autism and adhd but rather is some form of bipolar... given the swing from a shy state to a hyper active not shy state.... it makes sense... and i can see them doing that in the future and changing that

Children
  • actually not autism and adhd but rather is some form of bipolar

That’s not accurate at all.

What actually causes the change in state of activity is usually burnout from doing too much or hyper focusing on a task without adequate rest, this is definitely not the same as bipolar. Many members of our autistic community including those are AuDHDers are actually misdiagnosed with bipolar or other mental health needs instead.