The sudden rise of AuDHD: what is behind the rocketing rates of this life-changing diagnosis?

Guardian article:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/04/audhd-what-is-behind-rocketing-rates-life-changing-diagnosis

I hadn't realised that these diagnoses were until recently seen to be mutually exclusive.

Parents
  • I am sure I am not the only one who sees plenty of people with traits that indicate ADHD or ASD? I see it in two of my work colleagues, one in his 30's the other in his 60's. I would say that maybe 20% of people have some of the traits. I am 54 and was getting by until 2019. My teenage years were awful but once I started work I had ups and downs but I got by despite knowing something was 'wrong'with me. Between 2020 and 2022 I lost both parents, went through lockdowns and three jobs. I had a massive burnout eppisode I think people are now more likely to look at things they have hidden for years. I was diagnosed as having inattentive ADHD but not quite Autism ( which I think is wrong and will seek a 2nd opinion) and there are many things that seem to overlap.. I do think the profession is scared of the amount of people that have adhd/asd and how big an impact it may have on society.

Rob

• I am sure I am not the only one who sees plenty of people with traits that indicate ADHD or ASD? I see it in two of my work colleagues, one in his 30's the other in his 60's. I would say that maybe 20% of people have some of the traits. I am 54 and was getting by until 2019. My teenage years were awful but once I started work I had ups and downs but I got by despite knowing something was 'wrong'with me. Between 2020 and 2022 I lost both parents, went through lockdowns and three jobs. I had a massive burnout eppisode I think people are now more likely to look at things they have hidden for years. I was diagnosed as having inattentive ADHD but not quite Autism ( which I think is wrong and will seek a 2nd opinion) and there are many things that seem to overlap.. I do think the profession is scared of the amount of people that have adhd/asd and how big an impact it may have on society.

Rob

Children
No Data