The sudden rise of AuDHD: what is behind the rocketing rates of this life-changing diagnosis?

Guardian article:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/04/audhd-what-is-behind-rocketing-rates-life-changing-diagnosis

I hadn't realised that these diagnoses were until recently seen to be mutually exclusive.

Parents
  • That makes interesting reading. I have ADHD, it really does make things more challenging with having so much to deal with. I think now the population of people is greater and there's more awareness of autism, ADHD etc etc... it means more and more people are being diagnosed. I'm sure I've read before there's a higher number of autism diagnosis's now as well.

This bit was especially interesting '“If I had no lived experience of autism and ADHD I would have missed it completely,” he says. “I would have diagnosed either social anxiety or a personality disorder.”' - this is so often the case. Before being diagnosed with ADHD I was right to be suffering with a personality disorder, it took a long time before someone who did understand diagnosed me correctly.

Thanks for sharing the article, it was an interesting read.

• it took a long time before someone who did understand diagnosed me correctly.

I'm so pleased you reached this point eventually.

• Thank you. So was I. It's been life changing and I understand myself better now far more than I ever thought possible.

Reply Children
No Data