Where are we all from?

II'm amazed at how many people here say English isn't thier first language and presumably thier heritage isn't either. How fascinating, in my stunning and vast ignorance I'd assumed that most people here would be from the UK, how international are we as a group of users? By the way I think multinationalism and multiculturalism are great, so I'm not trying to make anyone uncomfortable or unwelcome.

I'm English and have the usual English problems with language, I can be dyslexic in as many languages as you want to try me with, including English. I recently had my DNA tested with an ancestry site as I was researching my family history and found that I'm 84% southern English, which is apparently quite rare, most British people are a mix of Saxon, Irish and Scandi genes, so it looks like my families have been knocking about the place for hundreds of years.

Parents
  • I’m Irish born, raised Catholic and have always held and renewed an Irish passport, but I’ve lived 23 years in Manchester - I still have extended family living in Rural Ireland, so I go back home on the ferries between Holyhead - Dublin as often as I can on SailRail from Manchester on Irish Ferries - my favourite spot is the Club Class Lounge of the Irish Ferries Ulysses Cruise Ferry 

• I’m Irish born, raised Catholic and have always held and renewed an Irish passport, but I’ve lived 23 years in Manchester - I still have extended family living in Rural Ireland, so I go back home on the ferries between Holyhead - Dublin as often as I can on SailRail from Manchester on Irish Ferries - my favourite spot is the Club Class Lounge of the Irish Ferries Ulysses Cruise Ferry 

Children
No Data