Food

I love food, I love growing cooking and eating it, I'm aware of some ASD people who have real problems with it, prefering a "beige diet".

How do the rest of you feel about food?

Parents
  • I’m extremely picky about food. It has to be prepared just right for me to eat it. It’s mostly about texture but I’m also intolerant to bitter or spicy flavours.

unfortunately most cooking seems to revolve around taking things with textures I do like and moving them into textures I don’t like. For example I enjoy most crispy raw fruit and veg. You put it in a pot and cook it in a stew and it becomes completely unpalatable mush. It’s a difference in textures. I like firm, crunchy, juicy, starchy, textures. I like rubbery Scandinavian cheeses. I like hard tangy apples. I like potatoes fried mashed roasted. But don’t mash the potatoes up with too much milk otherwise they go mushy and that’s horrible. I want fluffy mash not creamy mash.

almost all cooks seem obsessed with seasoning and spicy food. The best seasoning I know is salt, closely followed by sugar. Almost everything they add makes things spicy or bitter. They have to add onion and pepper onto everything and I hate it.

• I love spicy food and stews, my teeth arn't up to much crunchy food anymore, I also have lots of allergies and intollerances, how I'd loove to be able to eat a cheese baguette with salad.

There are something's which I really can't eat, like tomatoes and beetroot on the same plate, one or the other is fine, but not at the same time. I dont' like Chinese food either, I think partly it's becaues I have a really bad reaction to monosodium glutimate and its rife in Chinese food and because I've had to many meals that are supposed to be veggie and have just had the bits of meat picked out

• Is it the sugariness of Chinese too? Sugar just makes me ill so I can't take Chinese takeaway. I know what you mean about things on the same plate. As a kid I couldn't stand being served fish fingers with baked beans and mash, that combo just makes me wretch, the textures and too much orange. I always need to see some green! Is it the colours with tomato and beetroot? 

• Is it the sugariness of Chinese too? Sugar just makes me ill so I can't take Chinese takeaway. I know what you mean about things on the same plate. As a kid I couldn't stand being served fish fingers with baked beans and mash, that combo just makes me wretch, the textures and too much orange. I always need to see some green! Is it the colours with tomato and beetroot? 

Children
No Data