Sport

I hate sport, all sport, I don't like competition or see whats so good about it, why it has to dominate so much air time, rugby is practically a religion in Wales with football not far behind. I dont' like wearing uniforms, I'm not a uniform person. I intensely dislike getting hot and sweaty too. I swim like a brick and the best bit of skiing I ever managed was backwards.

Can someone please explain to me whats so good about sport and competition?

Parents
  • It gives people something to look forward to, enjoy and talk about with like minded folk. We all need entertainment, and sport is mostly no worse than any other form of that.

Personally, I find anything raising my heart rate scary so I don't actually do any sports, but I love watching cycling. The beautiful scenery, the relaxing smooth motion of it, the distraction from my problems for a while. 

• It gives people something to look forward to, enjoy and talk about with like minded folk. We all need entertainment, and sport is mostly no worse than any other form of that.

Personally, I find anything raising my heart rate scary so I don't actually do any sports, but I love watching cycling. The beautiful scenery, the relaxing smooth motion of it, the distraction from my problems for a while. 

Children
  • I look forward to the programs that get cancelled and moved about due to sport. I'd say sport is worse than other forms of entertainment, with the possible exception of musical theatre, because of the ubiquity of it and the attitudes of people who do enjoy it, why should someone winning an olympic medal make me proud just because we're from the same country, I've been called unpatriotic because of this, that totally floored me, why am I unpatriotic?