Spoke my mind

I have a problem that things I say inadvertently upset some people and I don't know how to convey that what I say isn't I tended to upset or be rude how can I explain this to Atypical person in words that they would understand. I'm feeling really bad that iv made someone sad because of something I have said,how can make things right. Thanks John

Parents
  • Hi John,

The 1st step here, is that recognising that you may have upset someone and that you feel bad for this because at times we can be blindsided by our focus and not consider others feelings, so you are halfway there. In hindsight it would have been helpful if we could have recognised this in the heat of the moment but all is not lost. First and foremost, offer an apology if you have upset them and offer to reengage with them as you would like to pitch your thoughts/beliefs in a more objective and respectful manner but also gain their thoughts. 

• Hi John,

The 1st step here, is that recognising that you may have upset someone and that you feel bad for this because at times we can be blindsided by our focus and not consider others feelings, so you are halfway there. In hindsight it would have been helpful if we could have recognised this in the heat of the moment but all is not lost. First and foremost, offer an apology if you have upset them and offer to reengage with them as you would like to pitch your thoughts/beliefs in a more objective and respectful manner but also gain their thoughts. 

Children
No Data