Spoke my mind

I have a problem that things I say inadvertently upset some people and I don't know how to convey that what I say isn't I tended to upset or be rude how can I explain this to Atypical person in words that they would understand. I'm feeling really bad that iv made someone sad because of something I have said,how can make things right. Thanks John

Parents
  • I usually tell people I have ASD and it gives me foot in mouth syndrome and the reason my mouth is so big is because once I've put one foot in my mouth, I use the other to try and dislodge the first. Unless I've really offended someone, people usually just laugh along with me. When I've stopped cringing, hours, day's, week's sometimes years later I ask myself if what I said was really that bad? Sometimes it was but quite often it wasn't and the other person took offence out of all proportion to the severity of what I said. I think you have to accept that some people are a sense of offence looking for somewhere to manifest and actually enjoy being offended. My ex is one of these and my daughter inadvertantly triggered an episode of him walking about all wounded at nothing, she went up and started sniffing him and when he asked what she was doing, she told him she was enjoying the smell of burning martyr.

• I usually tell people I have ASD and it gives me foot in mouth syndrome and the reason my mouth is so big is because once I've put one foot in my mouth, I use the other to try and dislodge the first. Unless I've really offended someone, people usually just laugh along with me. When I've stopped cringing, hours, day's, week's sometimes years later I ask myself if what I said was really that bad? Sometimes it was but quite often it wasn't and the other person took offence out of all proportion to the severity of what I said. I think you have to accept that some people are a sense of offence looking for somewhere to manifest and actually enjoy being offended. My ex is one of these and my daughter inadvertantly triggered an episode of him walking about all wounded at nothing, she went up and started sniffing him and when he asked what she was doing, she told him she was enjoying the smell of burning martyr.

Children
No Data