Spoke my mind

I have a problem that things I say inadvertently upset some people and I don't know how to convey that what I say isn't I tended to upset or be rude how can I explain this to Atypical person in words that they would understand. I'm feeling really bad that iv made someone sad because of something I have said,how can make things right. Thanks John

Parents
  • “I’m so sorry, the last thing I wanted to do was to upset you”. Typical people don’t necessarily understand honesty as simple honesty. It’s truthful to say you’re sorry they are upset. I sometimes acknowledge that what I said was thoughtless…..unfortunately when we ASD people speak we haven’t always been able/had the time to go through the time consuming process of working out how a typical person will interpret our words. 

• “I’m so sorry, the last thing I wanted to do was to upset you”. Typical people don’t necessarily understand honesty as simple honesty. It’s truthful to say you’re sorry they are upset. I sometimes acknowledge that what I said was thoughtless…..unfortunately when we ASD people speak we haven’t always been able/had the time to go through the time consuming process of working out how a typical person will interpret our words. 

Children
No Data