Workload and pay rise - help!

Hi! 

So today at work we all had a meeting about new business and current projects.

We have been working on a project for a client for the past two months that is moving to the social media marketing stage, so we will need to start writing copy for it.

For context, I handle 3 clients (write all their social media a month in advance, multiple platforms) and then support PR for a colleague with proofing pieces and writing pieces where required.

I was recently told in a review meeting I'm doing a fab job (this will be my third year), holidays increased, but I can't get a pay rise yet because they can't afford it. I'm also vastly underpaid, and they know this.

Here's what I'm getting to.

This current client project, my boss said has a very heavy workload in the long term, and said that it will be enough to hire a new person to handle.

Then straightaway followed up and said I will be the one to be responsible for the work.

What stood out to me, is that they commented it's enough work to hire someone to do, but they won't give me a pay rise? 

It felt quite demoralising to be honest.

I spoke to my parents after work about it and they said I should say something...

Im not sure what to do, whether I should say something?

Also, I find it hard to put things into words, and find it much easier to email, but would that be appropriate?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :-)

Parents
  • [link removed by moderator]

Considering the feedback you received from your parents, it might be beneficial to address your concerns with your employer. You could schedule a meeting with your boss to discuss the workload increase and how it aligns with your compensation. It's important to communicate your feelings and the impact this situation has on you professionally and personally.

If you find it easier to express yourself in writing, sending an email outlining your points beforehand could be a helpful approach. This way, you can ensure that all your thoughts are clearly communicated during the discussion.

Remember to approach the conversation professionally and constructively, highlighting your contributions to the company and the value you bring. It's essential to advocate for fair compensation that reflects your dedication and the increased workload.

• [link removed by moderator]

Considering the feedback you received from your parents, it might be beneficial to address your concerns with your employer. You could schedule a meeting with your boss to discuss the workload increase and how it aligns with your compensation. It's important to communicate your feelings and the impact this situation has on you professionally and personally.

If you find it easier to express yourself in writing, sending an email outlining your points beforehand could be a helpful approach. This way, you can ensure that all your thoughts are clearly communicated during the discussion.

Remember to approach the conversation professionally and constructively, highlighting your contributions to the company and the value you bring. It's essential to advocate for fair compensation that reflects your dedication and the increased workload.

Children
No Data