Do you have the things you want in life and are the things you want the things you need?

I've found that over the years I've let a lot of things fall away, including people, possessions, what I felt were needs but probably were just desires.

You may get to a certain point in life and think: well, here I am, this isn't where I thought I'd be when I was 16, but I'm surprisingly content with where I am and what I've got.

How I got to this point is a long story.

We all have a history, a life story.

Education, relationships, jobs, home - all milestones (or in some cases stones to fall over or block your way).

What do others feel about where they are now, how they got there and where they think they might want to go?

This will differ from generation to generation, I suspect.

Parents
  • We all have a history, a life story.

I would be interested to know everyone's life story. I expect we have all had a hell of a life really, I know I have.. if my life is secretly a TV series then I'm definitely the Victor Meldrew of the series lol.

Overall I can say my life is in a great place - a better place than I imagined it ever would be. I have a girlfriend (I definitely never expected her to be a part of my life now), my mental health has improved steadily over time and my working in preschool is going amazingly.

I'm beyond where I wanted to be at this time of my life and it feels good to be alive Slight smile 

Six years ago I was a recluse, shut away from the world and so anxious and depressed I never thought any of the above would be possible for me.

I owe it all to my girlfriend Eleanor, she literally turned my life around and made it better and I'll always be grateful to her for that.

The future looks good. We're hoping to have children and I'm hoping to get in to better work so fingers crossed both will happen at some point.

• We all have a history, a life story.

I would be interested to know everyone's life story. I expect we have all had a hell of a life really, I know I have.. if my life is secretly a TV series then I'm definitely the Victor Meldrew of the series lol.

Overall I can say my life is in a great place - a better place than I imagined it ever would be. I have a girlfriend (I definitely never expected her to be a part of my life now), my mental health has improved steadily over time and my working in preschool is going amazingly.

I'm beyond where I wanted to be at this time of my life and it feels good to be alive Slight smile 

Six years ago I was a recluse, shut away from the world and so anxious and depressed I never thought any of the above would be possible for me.

I owe it all to my girlfriend Eleanor, she literally turned my life around and made it better and I'll always be grateful to her for that.

The future looks good. We're hoping to have children and I'm hoping to get in to better work so fingers crossed both will happen at some point.

Children
No Data