Do you have the things you want in life and are the things you want the things you need?

I've found that over the years I've let a lot of things fall away, including people, possessions, what I felt were needs but probably were just desires.

You may get to a certain point in life and think: well, here I am, this isn't where I thought I'd be when I was 16, but I'm surprisingly content with where I am and what I've got.

How I got to this point is a long story.

We all have a history, a life story.

Education, relationships, jobs, home - all milestones (or in some cases stones to fall over or block your way).

What do others feel about where they are now, how they got there and where they think they might want to go?

This will differ from generation to generation, I suspect.

Parents
  • Ohh! Interesting question. I think about my life and where I am and where I'm heading on a regular basis. I'm disappointed with my life in general, I have my health which I am grateful for but I feel I waste my life. I'm 27 and I seem incapable of working, I have no friends and I am isolated inside and rarely go out.

When I was a child I dreamed of working as a nurse. I thought when I was older I would have my own family and I would make my mum proud of me. The only thing I've achieved has been my autism diagnosis everything else is a path of failure and trauma.

I have hope things will change but my mental health is ever challenging and I am struggling to cope with it now.

Life isn't where I hoped it would be by now.

• Life isn't where I hoped it would be by now.

I'm sorry to read this, but I'm a lot older than you, and at your stage in life I wouldn't have expected to be at the content point I am at now.

Life can be quite unexpected, in good ways too.

I wish you all the best in life.

• Life isn't where I hoped it would be by now.

I'm sorry to read this, but I'm a lot older than you, and at your stage in life I wouldn't have expected to be at the content point I am at now.

Life can be quite unexpected, in good ways too.

I wish you all the best in life.

Children
No Data