Do you have the things you want in life and are the things you want the things you need?

I've found that over the years I've let a lot of things fall away, including people, possessions, what I felt were needs but probably were just desires.

You may get to a certain point in life and think: well, here I am, this isn't where I thought I'd be when I was 16, but I'm surprisingly content with where I am and what I've got.

How I got to this point is a long story.

We all have a history, a life story.

Education, relationships, jobs, home - all milestones (or in some cases stones to fall over or block your way).

What do others feel about where they are now, how they got there and where they think they might want to go?

This will differ from generation to generation, I suspect.

Parents
  • As a 53 years old Irish gay man from a traditional conservative minded Catholic background and living in the U.K. 22 years, in my teens, even though I lived in a small village in Rural Ireland, I craved the big city and the gay life with lots of money - now living in a big U.K. city, I crave the chance to move to a part of Ireland or Scotland that is as far away from others as possible, the more rural and isolated the better - I used to have all sorts of dreams, hopes and ambitions of things I thought I wanted at the time, but I’ve come to realise that it was very wrong of me to want those things at all and in any case, they matter very little to me now, if at all 

• As a 53 years old Irish gay man from a traditional conservative minded Catholic background and living in the U.K. 22 years, in my teens, even though I lived in a small village in Rural Ireland, I craved the big city and the gay life with lots of money - now living in a big U.K. city, I crave the chance to move to a part of Ireland or Scotland that is as far away from others as possible, the more rural and isolated the better - I used to have all sorts of dreams, hopes and ambitions of things I thought I wanted at the time, but I’ve come to realise that it was very wrong of me to want those things at all and in any case, they matter very little to me now, if at all 

Children
No Data