Autism at Work

So the usual story. Manager being a pain winds me up, i go into the hole of retreating into a position i feel safe in mainly procedures rules and ways of working. This is seen as me being awkward and causing issues.

Managers response is to enforce rules rigidly and tell people its because of me. (like i'm going to be bothered as i'm more tolerated than liked anyway) That obviously causes a worse work situation which winds me up more so i retreat further.

Now the moron has tried to force me to break and accepted practice (sort of industry wide one) and when i refused without an email from him (as he has a habit of errr 'forgetting' he said to do something) I'm now on a disciplinary investigation for refusing a 'reasonable' management request.

Ignore that issues that have provoked the behaviour and put it as a disciplinary issue as opposed disability issue.

Sadly its been 6 years of essentially the same cycle. usually with HR only paying attention (the always ignore the OH report and i always have to point out they've ignored it) when i threaten to take it outside of the organisation.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all Disciplinary/grievance hearings were dealt with by external HR consultants so there was no pre bias to anything.

Sadly tomorrow will be another meeting where essentially I'll have to sit with my finger on the button in order to protect myself from a repeated cycle of incompetence and idiocy.

Parents
  • Hi. I am also having trouble at work, so I can relate.

What support can you pull in for yourself? I'm thinking of the union and also DDA (Oh it's the Equality Act I see) back up via occupational health.

That said I am currently on sick leave for the last week because of how I feel treated at work. So it's not like it's working out so well!

Good luck for tomorrow. 

• What an absolute waste of everyone's time. 'You didn't break the rules, we are changing the rules'

How is your situation?

Reply Children
No Data