Any sims lovers on here?

Hi I have just started playing the sims again and I’m curious to see if anyone a fan I remember it when it first came out I was still a child but loved it and I still love it. I am currently playing sims medieval really enjoy it especially the pit beast lol. Are there any sims fans on here or is it just me? 

• I love all the Sims games! I started out with the Sims Bustin Out on the PlayStation 2 which I thought was an awesome game Grinning like I spent a lot of hours playing that game with my brother. We also played the Sims 2 on the PlayStation 2 as well. I think I preferred the consoles originally because they were story based where you got achievements and progressed through the game that way.

Awesome!!!

I now play The Sims 4 on PC. I've got pretty much all the packs and have a lot of hours played on the game. I like the cartoony graphics, really cool, and I also like how interactive the game is and how random it can be. It's fun to do the challenges, like the legacy challenge. I also love to spend time in CAS creating lots of unique Sims for stories or just for fun.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of this game! Grinning

• i used to play it on playstation ages ago.... but the console versions were always very lame and cut back compared to the pc versions...

i got pc version i think sims 3... and i got 4 for free.. but sims3 i think i have alot of expansions for, its a really deep game on pc and theres alot to do so i see why its so popular.... but console version i always remembered was so limited. pc version you can go to town all over the place on a real world map and wander all about, have upstairs and downstairs, live in flats, go on holiday, do millions of stuff you cant do on console versions... not sure if the new sims are equal on both console and pc these days but the old sims the console one was very limited. console you never even could have a upstairs lol

• I like completing quests. Also in Sims FreePlay, how do you get Sims to gain hobbies other than cooking?

• I would recommend subnautica, a bit of a mix between tasks you have to do by certain times and true sandbox, but there are also more sandbox modes and creative modes etc. 

Amazing graphics and score, which unfortunately takes up a lot of processing power that my laptop doesn't have though 

• Do you have a fav one to watch?

They are all so great, it is very hard to choose! I have a huge Aucademy playlist on YouTube of 75 videos that I absolutely love!

I particularly like the Autistic Joy one and Kieran Rose’s guest talks on autistic masking are amazing.

Other Aucademy videos I love:

• Building Boundaries (as part of self advocacy) part of the bitesize series 
    • The importance of identity first language 

What’s your favourite video?

Also, did you watch the most recent livestream? It’s about Callum Brazzo’s (autistic spoken word poet) latest project called Ripples.

Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/live/_ej5KF11Yn0?si=0TSs5u5U9UgPeir4

I absolutely love Callum’s poetry, it is so powerful. I particularly love his spoken word poem ‘Functioning Labels’. Video of poem below:

https://youtu.be/Pd8uPFEnnPo?si=QsxXWbDAzaCQ4d7V

What do you think of it?

It was brilliant when I found Aucademy as I didn’t think I would be able to find members of my neurokin who love deep diving on our autistic experiences and culture as much as I do.

I would love to be a guest educator on Aucademy one day but I am not sure what I would talk about as all the topics that I was thinking of have already been covered!

Thanks! So glad you love Aucademy too. 

By the way I am part of the Aucademy social group, which is great! If you would like to join you can do so via this link:

https://aucademy.co.uk/aucademy-autistic-only-closed-groups/

There are regular Zoom meetings held by Aucademy that I can join if I want but usually I just participate via the Facebook messenger social chat.

• I haven't played subnautica before, is it good?

Would you recommend it?

I love Minecraft! I play it most days. I like exploring, foraging and going on adventures.

• Lol sorry! Stuck out tongue 

You won't regret it though....if you do decide to give it a try you'll find it's right up there with Minecraft and The Sims. 

It's interactive and story progressive, and the graphics are pretty old-school and cute.

It is addictive though so best to finish your studying first... Laughing

• You just caused me to go look into stardew Valley on stream

I have too much work to do at the moment to get into a new game! Joy

• I have not played stardew valley, it is something I have considered but I do not have the traditional console for it and it would be on my laptop and currently I am happy with minecraft and sims

I have also enjoyed subnautica, but that is only when I'm home as my laptop can't handle it so can only play on my brother's gaming computer

• What's everyone's fav things to do on the Sims? I like creating Sims and also building beautiful houses. When I was playing that was always my fav thing to do.

• Thank you. I hope so too! Time was I used to spend hours playing Sims.

Unrelated but I just saw on your profile page you love watching Aucademy videos. I do as well!

Do you have a fav one to watch?

• Great idea! I hope you enjoy playing Sims again too.

• I prefer sandbox open world type games but I've had very little experience of any of the Sims games so far.

• Awh shame.

It's a lot of fun though so I hope you will have just as much fun all over again. I might get it again now....this thread is making me feel Simlish again lol.

• I got to level 36 lol great times.

That's cool! I am playing but I had to reinstall and start all over again as I thought there was a glitch.

• I love Sims 4! I only started playing a year or so ago when my Nintendo switch was broken for a while and I couldn't play Animal Crossing so someone recommended Sims, now I can't go back to Animal Crossing because Sims is so much more fun to build with. I mostly love doing builds/watching other people do builds, and I have spent way too much money on expansion packs lol. I'm currently going through a horrible burnout and off sick from work and Sims is the one thing keeping me going! What is sims medieval? 

• Have you ever played Stardew Valley? That's RPG but similar to Sims.

• Me too. I love that about the PC games as well! I got to level 36 lol great times.

What about you?

Do you still play it?

• Cool, I love the autonomy that the game provides! What level did you reach?

• I really enjoy sims 4

Always been a sandbox game kind of person