Material Science -v- Social Science.....and PRESSURE!

There are scientists and free-thinkers and "interested" people here (I hope) who like to explore "things."

Pressure, and its effect on the physical properties of matter......interest me.

Electrostatic repulsion, Ice VII, Ice XVIII and fusion....interest me.

So.....

Do you think that "social science" has the same type of phenomena potential?

If so, do you think those phenomena are "birthing" now, in "social science"....because of "pressure"?

.....And if so;

do you think that the "pressure" is being induced by modern communication technologies that have been foisted upon humans in recent years?

Parents
  • I believe there will be a branching soon between relying on the internet a social function, and a growing diaspora.

I address the urgent needs of burgeoning numbers of people being displaced and wandering, the stateless.

They will have no investment in a social contract, especially now that the ones they have had up to now have had them ripped apart in front of them. They will gather and compare notes. I see 2 competing powers : the State, the Corporation. many of these displaced may end up lured to corporations who will "adopt" them, creating sovereign entities apart from the "the State" where they rule by their own laws. and to whom these newly adopted will "belong". there will be a fight over to whom these mass of people "belong".

The internet is already become is a Corporate State unto itself, determined by the participants.  The State, determined by location will be more consolidated into the hands of fewer and fewer. At least an attempt will be made to do so. Heads are going to roll. Cake will not be on offer this time. revolution and uprisings are in the air.

there will also be great changes in the way people consider, or allow them to be considered as part of a "group". Watch out for flash mobs that the internet DID NOT see coming! the internet itself will be flash mobbed.

• Your insight is well informed by fire and brimstone rained upon you!

....And does your opinion of how things will unfold, delight or scare you...or somewhere betwixt?

• I am the Kagemusha, the fool in Lear.

• 1. Uhane has turned out to be far less of a "type" than I feared, and so Numbers post gets one of my votes.

2. I always expected I'd do base jumping at some point, but have not managed it yet..

• Look up sister.......I'm in the talons of that angry looking Terrordactyl......towards the blinding sun....chewing on its ankles!

• there's room on the ledge, climb on up!

Reply Children