Assessment fear

Hello. I am 36 and after being not so subtly asked about autism by my therapist and GP on separate occasions I’ve decided to pursue a private assessment. I am feeling all over the place about it. I have heard from a few people that private assessments aren’t taken as seriously as an NHS assessment, but I really feel I can’t wait however many years for answers. I’m also scared I’m…..making it up. Some days I feel absolutely fine, not overwhelmed, no sensory issues, no stimming, nothing. I’m really scared I’m trying to convince myself I have autism. Any advice would be very welcome!

Parents
  • I understand what you mean.

Some days I feel absolutely fine, not overwhelmed, no sensory issues, no stimming, nothing. I’m really scared I’m trying to convince myself I have autism.

Being stressed or overwhelmed is not part of being autistic. You can be happy and autistic, there are lots of happy autistic people including myself!

• I understand what you mean.

Some days I feel absolutely fine, not overwhelmed, no sensory issues, no stimming, nothing. I’m really scared I’m trying to convince myself I have autism.

Being stressed or overwhelmed is not part of being autistic. You can be happy and autistic, there are lots of happy autistic people including myself!

Children
No Data