This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Would you prefer our online community to be an open or closed forum?

Hello online community users,  

We would like to know if you would prefer our online community to be an open or closed forum. 

The online community is currently an open forum. This means people without an online community account can: 

• browse threads and comments published by members; 
  • search the online community.  

A closed community would not be open to the public and only members would be able to read and search threads.  

*Please log into the online community to vote* 

Parents
  • I prefer open forums. I think closed forums can make people feel less able to reach out for support.

• I would imagine a closed forum would create a circle of trust one cannot rely on in public forums. I like the model at mastadon.social.

In the early 90s the most successful "chat rooms" were private and less random. Most chat room were private at the beginning, and moderated as we are. moderation is vital. I really dont like that rando non members can read what I share here, as some of it is quite personal. I edit myself all the time because of it.

• I would imagine a closed forum would create a circle of trust one cannot rely on in public forums. I like the model at mastadon.social.

In the early 90s the most successful "chat rooms" were private and less random. Most chat room were private at the beginning, and moderated as we are. moderation is vital. I really dont like that rando non members can read what I share here, as some of it is quite personal. I edit myself all the time because of it.

Children
No Data