I wear glasses

I wear a pair of my mother's glasses to obscure my sight when I go outside because I find people's eye contact intimidating. It makes me unable to see people's faces well but still able to navigate around. Just a little tip for anyone who needs a way of coping. ;)

• Sunglasses are my favourite to wear when interacting with someone. Because the lenses are dark people don't know where you're looking which suits me perfectly + it helps with light sensitivity so it's the best of both worlds.

• I wear glasses all the time, I am totally blind without them. When it comes to looking at people's faces I avoid the eyes and look at their nose or mouth, much easier for me to cope with.

• Looking at the forehead, nose or mouth is perhaps a more useful method, in that it gives the impression that you are making eye contact, which is what neurotypicals seem to require for their peace of mind. Your method could have an unwanted effect on your sight if you are habitually looking through lenses that are not suited to your particular eyesight.

• I have been informed that the way I fake eye contact is that I go to look at their face and then shut my eyes. Once it was pointed out I noticed it all the time. It's less subtle, but performs the same purpose

• I wear glasses but remove them, or let them slide down my nose so I cant really see people properly. It helps keep me to myself