We have a Problem Here Folks. AI imitating humans here in this place.

Perhaps I am naive.

Perhaps we can have a new "rule" making evident forms of non-human AI here as an offence.

I don't like what I see.  Or perhaps the Genie is well and truly loose, for all of us, everywhere....unless in person, face to face?

I like face to face, one on one.  Clear unavoidable transparency of reality. 

Parents
  • Bot accounts are such a familiar complaint in the online world now. As technology continues to advance the bots are becoming more of a problem.

Usually if an account online is a bot they will: 

• Only write short sentences.
    • Post just once or twice then never return.
    • Post links.
    • Stick to one subject and be unable to talk about something else.
    • Reply quicker than a human generally could. 
    • Not fill out their profile bio.
    • When asked for more details about themselves be unable to answer
    • Usually writes without separating their text.

All of the above is generally a red flag. Although I'm still not sure about fast replies as some people are just fast at replying. My WPM is v fast.

Forum puppets are a more common occurrence these days all across the internet. Usually it's trolls trying to discuss something that easily gets heated, baiting people in. Though not always... Like with bots though I just ignore them.

• I don't think I've filled out a profile bio.

There are lots of people who can only speak about one or two things.

Bot's and general trolling do annoy me though, sometimes you can tell if someone/thing is a bot by using key words, usually political and see if they bite, often you only need a one word post.

• I don't think I've filled out a profile bio

I filled one out but it's only short. I wasn't going to at first, I felt uncomfortable over sharing personal info and also, I find it difficult to explain about myself.

I remember at school how awkward I felt when on the first day the teacher would be like tell us about yourself or what did you do on the weekend. It was always so awkward because my brain froze and I didn't know what to say.

Short and to the point works best for me Blush

• I don't think I've filled out a profile bio

I filled one out but it's only short. I wasn't going to at first, I felt uncomfortable over sharing personal info and also, I find it difficult to explain about myself.

I remember at school how awkward I felt when on the first day the teacher would be like tell us about yourself or what did you do on the weekend. It was always so awkward because my brain froze and I didn't know what to say.

Short and to the point works best for me Blush

Children
No Data