We have a Problem Here Folks. AI imitating humans here in this place.

Perhaps I am naive.

Perhaps we can have a new "rule" making evident forms of non-human AI here as an offence.

I don't like what I see.  Or perhaps the Genie is well and truly loose, for all of us, everywhere....unless in person, face to face?

I like face to face, one on one.  Clear unavoidable transparency of reality. 

Parents
  • We seem to be inundated with bots at the moment.

We get the obvious ones where they leave a link to some business or virus etc.

Then we get the ones that seem vaguely relevant but are responding to threads where the last post was several years ago.

Then we get the ones that start a thread, with a whole dissertation contained within, that is related to autism, but the 'person' just joined to say this one thing and then never returns.

It's irritating to say the least.

• The ability to join the forum needs to be made much harder with proof of ID or the 'I'm not a bot' sort of thing - Captcha I think.

• I wonder if people being asked to create a user name would work as I tend to be dubious of the NA.... names.

• I wonder if people being asked to create a user name would work as I tend to be dubious of the NA.... names.

I wonder if that's so ... I don't know what AI/bots can achieve nowadays.

I doubt somehow that creating a forum name would be beyond them, sadly.

I wonder if that's so ... I don't know what AI/bots can achieve nowadays.

I doubt somehow that creating a forum name would be beyond them, sadly.

Children
No Data