Nice video on well known autistic people

Hi all, 

I found this a nice video on people with autism who are well known. 

https://youtu.be/JHOxPHbmmPE?si=5ShCIfF1gY3Nme4Z

It is a very positive video. 

Do remember that you do not need to be famous for something in life, everyone contributes in different ways. And that being as comfortable in making your environment as nice as possible for yourself is important. 

Parents
  • Thank you for sharing the YouTube video. There's a person in my town says good morning who got 5 kids and two are autistic. Also my friend got two autistic children. Different levels of autism is confusing. 

• Different levels of autism is confusing. 

There are no such things as ‘levels’ anymore. Dividing members of our autistic community into such categories just creates unnecessary segregation and conflict. No one else grades other humans using levels and the only reason why some people still discuss our lives in that way is because they are ingrained in the pathology paradigm instead of the neurodiversity paradigm.

There is so much diversity in our autistic experiences, that is what makes our community so beautiful!

• Different levels of autism is confusing. 

There are no such things as ‘levels’ anymore. Dividing members of our autistic community into such categories just creates unnecessary segregation and conflict. No one else grades other humans using levels and the only reason why some people still discuss our lives in that way is because they are ingrained in the pathology paradigm instead of the neurodiversity paradigm.

There is so much diversity in our autistic experiences, that is what makes our community so beautiful!

Children
No Data