What do you work as?

Hey everyone,

I'm currently exploring various job opportunities and considering a career in labour, particularly as an electrician. I'm fascinated by the idea of working with my hands and finding a sense of accomplishment in a tangible result. However, I'm curious to know about your experiences. What do you do for work, and how did you find your way into your current profession?

If anyone here works as an electrician or in a similar field, I would love to hear about your journey. What drew you to this line of work, and how do you find it suits your strengths and preferences as an autistic individual?

Feel free to share any advice, challenges you've faced, or even just what a typical day looks like. Let's build a supportive space where we can learn from each other and offer guidance to those who might be considering similar career paths.

Parents
  • I don't work as an electrician, sorry! My dad does though, he's done it since he was 19, he loves his work.

I work in radio, tv and games as a voice actor. Since I was a child I've always been able to mimic others voices and I grew up absolutely loving tv and films, especially Disney! I can mimic so many voices it seemed the perfect job for me to use them on radio and as a voice actor. According to my assessors during my assessment being able to mimic is common in autistic people.

My work is wonderful, I love every second of it and I get to do it all from home 90% of the time! Blush 

The biggest struggle i have with my work is having to do phone calls with employers, scripters and my agent. This is my least fave part of this work. Sometimes there's videos as well on Teams which I find unbearable lol. But other than that it's amazing.

• I don't work as an electrician, sorry! My dad does though, he's done it since he was 19, he loves his work.

I work in radio, tv and games as a voice actor. Since I was a child I've always been able to mimic others voices and I grew up absolutely loving tv and films, especially Disney! I can mimic so many voices it seemed the perfect job for me to use them on radio and as a voice actor. According to my assessors during my assessment being able to mimic is common in autistic people.

My work is wonderful, I love every second of it and I get to do it all from home 90% of the time! Blush 

The biggest struggle i have with my work is having to do phone calls with employers, scripters and my agent. This is my least fave part of this work. Sometimes there's videos as well on Teams which I find unbearable lol. But other than that it's amazing.

Children