Pursuing online college to fill out a CV

I've attended three years of part time college, collecting grades in Higher English, Psychology and Sociology. Thing is that those were mostly to help me better understand basic principles of people and society that no one ever took the time to teach me. Now I'm filling in a CV for the first time, and feeling like those and my stuff from high school isn't really giving me a lot of confidence in my appeal to potential employers. So in the meantime of approaching work options, I've been thinking about getting into online college to try and fill the CV out a bit more.

To be straightforward about it, I'm fairly middling across the board. Intermediates all around. Can anyone suggest baseline courses that would be worth pursuing to plump up the CV? Or am I thinking down the wrong track here?

Parents
  • Hiya - Well that's great, it's good to learn and get a solid understanding of the human condition. By "fairly middling" do you mean with grades? If so I wouldn't worry about that, enthusiasm and willingness to learn mean a lot to employers. Not everyone can be a William James Sidis type super genius! (actually, you should look him up - highly likely he was autistic, too).

It depends what sort of career you want to follow (or if it's just for any type of work). I found this: https://www.savethestudent.org/student-jobs/free-online-courses-that-will-pimp-up-your-cv.html. It's got some good suggestions. There's loads of work in digital marketing, so if that's the sort of thing you might want to do it'd be a good idea to do some HubSpot courses (it's free).

Udemy has some good courses, too, and if you setup a LinkedIn profile (highly recommended) you can complete courses on there, too. 

Or am I thinking down the wrong track here?

No, it's an extremely good idea. The modern job market is hyper-competitive, you want to stand out as much as possible and a willingness to learn is one way to do out.

• Hiya - Well that's great, it's good to learn and get a solid understanding of the human condition. By "fairly middling" do you mean with grades? If so I wouldn't worry about that, enthusiasm and willingness to learn mean a lot to employers. Not everyone can be a William James Sidis type super genius! (actually, you should look him up - highly likely he was autistic, too).

It depends what sort of career you want to follow (or if it's just for any type of work). I found this: https://www.savethestudent.org/student-jobs/free-online-courses-that-will-pimp-up-your-cv.html. It's got some good suggestions. There's loads of work in digital marketing, so if that's the sort of thing you might want to do it'd be a good idea to do some HubSpot courses (it's free).

Udemy has some good courses, too, and if you setup a LinkedIn profile (highly recommended) you can complete courses on there, too. 

Or am I thinking down the wrong track here?

No, it's an extremely good idea. The modern job market is hyper-competitive, you want to stand out as much as possible and a willingness to learn is one way to do out.

Children
No Data