Some people's compliments.

Some people say that I have Asperger Syndrome, even though I have a history of being diagnosed with PDD-NOS. I guess I can take that as a compliment.

Parents
  • You are autistic. The Asperger label is not used anymore because of its complicated and distressing history.

If you want to read more about that please read the article below:

https://theautisticadvocate.com/aspergers-syndrome-whats-in-a-name/

It is harmful to use functioning labels including that of Asperger as it segregates some members of our autistic community. There is huge diversity in our autistic experiences and that is beautiful!

You are not disordered, you are autistic just how you are meant to be and it’s a shame that we constantly have to navigate the pathology paradigm.

• I am sorry for using outdated terminology, that is what my diagnosis was historically. My diagnosis is ASD.

I will go read the article, thanks!

• I am sorry for using outdated terminology

As long as the terminology is still currently in use and you are happy to use it, then it's fine.

There is no need to apologise.

I was diagnosed with ASD quite recently and am therefore quite content to use the term 'disorder' that I was diagnosed with (although not unthinkingly).

Some of the views expressed here are just that: a viewpoint.

• I am sorry for using outdated terminology

As long as the terminology is still currently in use and you are happy to use it, then it's fine.

There is no need to apologise.

I was diagnosed with ASD quite recently and am therefore quite content to use the term 'disorder' that I was diagnosed with (although not unthinkingly).

Some of the views expressed here are just that: a viewpoint.

Children