Support worker and Hyper empathic

Hi,

I've always been drawn to helping people.

I'm considering a career as a support worker, but I find it hard to control my emotions sometimes. I really can't envisage myself doing anything else. 

I either need to find a way or I rethink my career.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. X

Parents
  • Great idea!

I think it’s a brilliant career choice for you as may be able to relate to the individuals you are supporting in a really intuitive way, particularly if you are supporting other autistics!

What type of support worker role are you considering?

Mental health? Physical disability/learning disability? Or other autistics?

I completely agree with Autonomistic, there is definitely a need for more autistic people in this field! You could offer so much that stems for your autistic lived experience.

Good luck!

• Thank you Blush 

Either mental health or supporting fellow Autistics.

I wanted to be a peer support worker prior to recently discovering that I'm Autistic. So I'm now open to either. 

It's been a rocky road the last couple of months. But now I've fully accepted myself, I can honestly say that I've never been happier x

• Thank you Blush 

Either mental health or supporting fellow Autistics.

I wanted to be a peer support worker prior to recently discovering that I'm Autistic. So I'm now open to either. 

It's been a rocky road the last couple of months. But now I've fully accepted myself, I can honestly say that I've never been happier x

Children