Should there be accountability for inequality?

Does society have a duty to account for unequal outcomes in income, health, relationship success and happiness?

Parents
  • I don’t believe it does. Just because I can’t get a girlfriend doesn’t mean society owes me one. Nobody can make me happy except me. Happiness comes from within. I believe society should be more equal but sadly that is not what the majority of humanity wants because look at the world around us. The other day I seen a homeless man in a sleeping bag in broad daylight in the middle of the street. Whilst around the corner there was girls only in their 20’s buying expensive jewellery out some fancy upper class jewellers store. I don’t think that’s fair at all but everyone seems to be okay with it so I don’t know what the answer is. I don’t think homelessness should be a thing but it is. It upsets me a lot but no one seems bothered enough to do anything about it. When people get fed up enough all they do is go and riot which doesn’t help anybody because it just makes the government more strict about protesting and gives them an excuse to start carrying guns (to keep the peace). Not sure what the answer is maybe mass non compliance with the system. The world is getting a bit scary these days with all the censorship and wars and viruses. Anyone else concerned with the way the world is going?

• “Our sires' age was worse than our grandsires'.

We, their sons, are more worthless than they;
    so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more corrupt.”

• Book of Odes, Horace, 20BC

“We have fallen upon evil times
    and the world has waxed very old and wicked.
    Politics are very corrupt.
    Children are no longer respectful to their parents.”

• king Naram Sin of Akkad,  23rd century BC
  • “Our sires' age was worse than our grandsires'.

We, their sons, are more worthless than they;
    so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more corrupt.”

• Book of Odes, Horace, 20BC

“We have fallen upon evil times
    and the world has waxed very old and wicked.
    Politics are very corrupt.
    Children are no longer respectful to their parents.”

• king Naram Sin of Akkad,  23rd century BC
Children
No Data