Do autistic people get screwed over at work more?

Do autistic people get screwed over at work more or is it just me? Most jobs I have had I get taken advantage of or treated worse, with less respect, than other collegues by the people I work for. My most recent job I have been borderline defrauded. Two of my three previous ones I had to go to ACAS. 

I'm quite a worldly wise person and certainly not naïve but yet I always get treated as if I am a naïve mug who doesn't know what's what.

I'm not saying all this cos I feel sorry for myself, I just want to know if this is a common autistic experience in the workplace or whether it's just me?

Parents
  • long before my post-Covid diagnosis in later life, in both school and at work, even before I came out as gay (where I also encountered such bullying attitudes within the gay community) has very much been the reality of my experience, including before Covid - however, in the post-Covid era, post-diagnosis, any bullying behaviour is more difficult to define, as a diagnosis would make it more difficult to assert your legal rights if indeed you were being bullied, especially if diagnosis has been disclosed at any point - to me as an older gay man though, it points to wider ethical and moral questions in the post-Covid era, given my own traditional Irish Catholic faith 

• I wonder about the position of the Irish church about the issue. I was raised in the traditional Italian roman catholic faith, and I remember a lot of violent homophobia. 

Reply Children