Do autistic people get screwed over at work more?

Do autistic people get screwed over at work more or is it just me? Most jobs I have had I get taken advantage of or treated worse, with less respect, than other collegues by the people I work for. My most recent job I have been borderline defrauded. Two of my three previous ones I had to go to ACAS. 

I'm quite a worldly wise person and certainly not naïve but yet I always get treated as if I am a naïve mug who doesn't know what's what.

I'm not saying all this cos I feel sorry for myself, I just want to know if this is a common autistic experience in the workplace or whether it's just me?

Parents
  • Former workplace two of us asked if any additional hours were going and was told none. Apparently another colleague asked for additional hours, supervisor said yes and what additional hours would you like? 

Me and another colleague both said that the supervisor got favouritism. In the end the supervisor handed her notice in. 

Now one of the bullies is an assistant store manager and her brother is the sales manager. Plus high turnover of management. 

My friend said to me I had done the right thing by leaving. Really sad as I'd done all I can to raised issues and witnesses asked me if I was OK (got a accused of putting sale stock on shop floor); management knew all along and did nothing to stop this behaviour. 

Tried something new and similar thing happened. 

It's like the post office scandal where they tried cover this up, criminal records and people committed suicide. 

• Former workplace two of us asked if any additional hours were going and was told none. Apparently another colleague asked for additional hours, supervisor said yes and what additional hours would you like? 

Me and another colleague both said that the supervisor got favouritism. In the end the supervisor handed her notice in. 

Now one of the bullies is an assistant store manager and her brother is the sales manager. Plus high turnover of management. 

My friend said to me I had done the right thing by leaving. Really sad as I'd done all I can to raised issues and witnesses asked me if I was OK (got a accused of putting sale stock on shop floor); management knew all along and did nothing to stop this behaviour. 

Tried something new and similar thing happened. 

It's like the post office scandal where they tried cover this up, criminal records and people committed suicide. 

Children
No Data