Do autistic people get screwed over at work more?

Do autistic people get screwed over at work more or is it just me? Most jobs I have had I get taken advantage of or treated worse, with less respect, than other collegues by the people I work for. My most recent job I have been borderline defrauded. Two of my three previous ones I had to go to ACAS. 

I'm quite a worldly wise person and certainly not naïve but yet I always get treated as if I am a naïve mug who doesn't know what's what.

I'm not saying all this cos I feel sorry for myself, I just want to know if this is a common autistic experience in the workplace or whether it's just me?

Parents
  • I had a job once and I definetly deserved a promotion but I never got one instead they gave it to everyone else. So I left that job and they can do the hard work without me, I felt I was being used by them. 

I had another job as a cleaner and the boss fired me because he didn’t like my work ethic and attitude so I told him I didn’t need his job I would work elsewhere. 

I had a job as a delivery man that was okay because I worked by myself without anyone there to boss me about or judge me for my social awkwardness. I loved that job in the summer it was fun. Not fun in winter though lol.

• I had a job once and I definetly deserved a promotion but I never got one instead they gave it to everyone else. So I left that job and they can do the hard work without me, I felt I was being used by them. 

I had another job as a cleaner and the boss fired me because he didn’t like my work ethic and attitude so I told him I didn’t need his job I would work elsewhere. 

I had a job as a delivery man that was okay because I worked by myself without anyone there to boss me about or judge me for my social awkwardness. I loved that job in the summer it was fun. Not fun in winter though lol.

Children
  • i keep having juniors promoted over me all the time. despite no one being capable of doing all the jobs like i can do nor at the speed and quality i can do it at. i challenged them on it one time as my supervisor was heard saying hed rather quit than see me be promoted, they tossed out my grievance and then to cover their backs gave me a fake interview for the position up which they then said i failed at and gave to a 5 month employee when i been there for 2 years and i said i can do everything better than him and have more experience than him and know more than him about this job.