I want to make friends online and IRL

I made a post almost a month ago about not having any friends. Since then, I have not made any friends in real life or online either.

I would like to now try and be more proactive in making friends but I find it very hard to navigate this community site plus I don’t receive notifications for some reason. Are there apps where I can make friends with other people with autism?

Also, is there any in-person or online groups events, activities or social skills clubs where I can meet adults with autism. I am 22 year old female and live in London when I am not at uni and I have asperger's syndrome or level 1 autism.

I would also like to add that I have no social media except WhatsApp and don’t know how to feel about using some social media apps. Thank you.

Jai

Parents
  • I live in Devon where go to a group about twice a month. Open to all ages, women only and no membership. The person runs the group know that I've got autism. Made friends with two people who welcomed me. The group likes have younger people (I'm 40); mixed with people with disabilities and non disabled. 

Got a few pen pals on the community's forum and the email notification doesn't work well. Unfortunately, the national autistic society stopped the pen pal section in the magazine. I came across scammers, people not replying or simply vanished. Did had a successful one then suddenly "dumping stuff on to me" snail mail is fun but stamps are expensive. 

• Hello,

Do you enjoy attending the groups and what kinds of things do you do there?

Reply Children