I want to make friends online and IRL

I made a post almost a month ago about not having any friends. Since then, I have not made any friends in real life or online either.

I would like to now try and be more proactive in making friends but I find it very hard to navigate this community site plus I don’t receive notifications for some reason. Are there apps where I can make friends with other people with autism?

Also, is there any in-person or online groups events, activities or social skills clubs where I can meet adults with autism. I am 22 year old female and live in London when I am not at uni and I have asperger's syndrome or level 1 autism.

I would also like to add that I have no social media except WhatsApp and don’t know how to feel about using some social media apps. Thank you.

Jai

Parents Reply
  • I encountered the same issue when I looked for a group near to me. 

My nearest group for adults is around 60 miles away. The meetings take place in the evenings and I struggle with driving in the dark, due to the glare from headlights. There wasn't any suitable public transport to get me home either, so it would mean staying in a hotel.

Children