Pets

I live on my own. 

I'm considering getting a pet. I know that it's a responsibility, but I crave connection. 

Have any of you found getting a pet helpful ?

Parents
  • Depends on your living arrangement, one of the joys with this out of control housing crisis is you're rarely allowed to have pets.

However, if you're in a situation where you can get them then a cat or a dog are great starting points.

Otherwise, you might (as I've been able to in the past) be able to request getting something such as a hamster. I kept them for years in flats and they're great fun. Great little companions you'll grow to love and they add a real spring into your daily step. Plus, they're cheap to keep (the only expensive thing is the initial cage).

• Depends on your living arrangement, one of the joys with this out of control housing crisis is you're rarely allowed to have pets.

However, if you're in a situation where you can get them then a cat or a dog are great starting points.

Otherwise, you might (as I've been able to in the past) be able to request getting something such as a hamster. I kept them for years in flats and they're great fun. Great little companions you'll grow to love and they add a real spring into your daily step. Plus, they're cheap to keep (the only expensive thing is the initial cage).

Children