Recent diagnosis and adult life with autism

Hello, I have just received an autism diagnosis. It explains a lot and it makes a lot of sense but I’m really struggling to come to terms with it and what it means for my life. I’m not sure how my autism can be a strength in my professional life for example as people keep saying it can be.

Does anyone have any advice on how to navigate adult life and university with autism.

One problem I have is that I experience quite black and white thinking and I’m therefore impulsive. I also feel that I say things without thinking that can accidentally come across differently to what I want to say.

If anyone also has any advice on how to be a good partner while also having autism I would really appreciate it. 

Thank you all so much in advance for your help and I hope you all have a great weekend. Sending kind regards and positivity to anyone reading this. 

Parents
  • Too many, of us, were pushed; from pillar to post. That forged deep resentment, and the feeling that life is a war.

The way forward is to regulate yourself, rather than let others regulate you. The health crisis is a sign to become proactive, rather than reactive.

• Too many, of us, were pushed; from pillar to post. That forged deep resentment, and the feeling that life is a war.

The way forward is to regulate yourself, rather than let others regulate you. The health crisis is a sign to become proactive, rather than reactive.

Children
No Data