Anthropomorphism

I found the meme below the other day and it occurred to me that I do have a habit of talking to inanimate objects and treating them like they are sentient beings.

It never occurred to me that this might be an autistic thing though. Do you do this?

Parents
  • I've just copied this from the other thread:

I had a good example of the above happen today.

I had a large cardboard box, a small cardboard box and a piece of rolled up brown paper to put into the recyling.

The 1st thing I did was to put the paper inside the small box and then put the small box inside the large box.

However ... then I felt that the paper was suffocating, so I had to remove it and put it next to the small box.

So, the paper and small box are inside the large box, with the top open, so they can both breathe.

• I've just copied this from the other thread:

I had a good example of the above happen today.

I had a large cardboard box, a small cardboard box and a piece of rolled up brown paper to put into the recyling.

The 1st thing I did was to put the paper inside the small box and then put the small box inside the large box.

However ... then I felt that the paper was suffocating, so I had to remove it and put it next to the small box.

So, the paper and small box are inside the large box, with the top open, so they can both breathe.

Children
No Data