Meltdown - Rage

Hello everyone 

I was diagnosed with autism / asperger syndrome in 2015, I know what I am like but I dont really know whats to do with the autism and what isn't. I hear alot about meltdowns but don't really know if I have ever had one, the thing i do know is I get to the point where the last thing tips me over the edge and I go into a rage and just shout about anything and everything thats annoying me. Not sure if thats a meltdown or not but i always thought meltdowns and autism go hand in hand.

I don't really know how to put into words this but say the tv is on my sons got the pad sound on my partners phone is playing more than one person is talking, i feel myself getting hotter and hotter and then i just snap because i cant think straight (this is seperate but also relevant to the top)

Thanks

Parents
  • I think I've had a couple of meltdowns a few years ago. It didn't look very great to others, had a few talks about it (nothing about Autism; I wasn't diagnosed at the time) and ended up having to can it away.

As far as I know, Autism is a spectrum, so I think that maybe some people might have meltdowns, or some may never have one. I may be wrong, though. 

• I think I've had a couple of meltdowns a few years ago. It didn't look very great to others, had a few talks about it (nothing about Autism; I wasn't diagnosed at the time) and ended up having to can it away.

As far as I know, Autism is a spectrum, so I think that maybe some people might have meltdowns, or some may never have one. I may be wrong, though. 

Children
  • I'm sorry you went through that, i was known as the annoying naughty child who was bullied all through school for whatever reason.

• Yeah I heard its a spectrum but I dont know whats like if you don't have this your not autistic and what isn't if you know what i mean, have you ever had days were your so tired you just sleep or lay in bed most or all of the day? I imagine this is a shutdown but again i have no clue, i was diagnosed and left to carry on with my life.