Private diagnosis for ASD

Hello, interested to hear from anyone who has opted for the private route for ASD diagnosis and whether or not you felt it was worth spending that amount of money versus the long NHS waiting list?  I'm looking at The Edinburgh Practice website whose current fees are £1750.

Warm wishes
Carole

Parents
  • Hi Carole,

I wholeheartedly recommend SEIK Psychiatry based on London - outstanding and caring practitioners, they were absolutely wonderful. I got back in touch recently for help with SFE funding for distance learning and they sent out a letter for me the very next day, without charge. As well as being lovely people and incredibly professional they are also considerably cheaper than the other diagnosis services suggested in this chat. Getting a diagnosis of ASD this year transformed the way I see myself and revolutionised the way I relate to the world and the people around me, I am so glad to have finally taken the plunge :))

• Hi Carole,

I wholeheartedly recommend SEIK Psychiatry based on London - outstanding and caring practitioners, they were absolutely wonderful. I got back in touch recently for help with SFE funding for distance learning and they sent out a letter for me the very next day, without charge. As well as being lovely people and incredibly professional they are also considerably cheaper than the other diagnosis services suggested in this chat. Getting a diagnosis of ASD this year transformed the way I see myself and revolutionised the way I relate to the world and the people around me, I am so glad to have finally taken the plunge :))

Children
No Data