To the mods re my ID + the spam filter

Hi.

Please could one of the mods go into wherever it is that you approve posts that have gone into spam asap.

Whenever this happens I can no longer post and then once the posts are approved, I am able to post once again.

However, this time, because they have been waiting days, although I have appealed, I am being told by notifications that I am running out of time.

I think that this is because they haven't been approved by yourselves as I have appealed.

My concern is that I could end up having another unuseable ID unless this is sorted as happened before.

Screenshot below.

I have also emailed the Community Manager about this a few days ago too and another issue but these emails are not replied to, presumably because of the holiday break.

Thanks.

Parents
  • I hope this is just accidental and not someone censoring views.  Why is this spam filter targeting certain posters and leaving others alone?

• Why is this spam filter targeting certain posters and leaving others alone?

You will have to ask Akismet ...

The other thing that's misleading is that the message you sometimes get is that the post is reported (sometimes it says Akismet) which leads people to believe that others are reporting them when they are not.

• Debbie......using the "A" word in your post above tends to "trigger" the wrath of "the powers that be" ..... they are VERY sensitive about it.

I will email the com man about your troubles......it does seem to be ridiculous!

• We lose a lot of genuinely good & nice people from this forum it seems.

Now "good and nice" I realise is subjective, but having an abundance of those qualities as I see them, gets people automatically invited onto my friends list and I'm quite dismayed to see how many of them seem to have left the site and my friends list. An awful lot of the decent ones just slip away with no fanfare...

Being someone who has been the recipient of many abuse allegations and has had several interactions with Claremod in the past I found her impressively wise and kind, and would have "friend requested" her in a trice, but I felt that would have made her job even harder... 

She was strong minded, wise (and I felt) supremely good at her job, and I felt she made this place "safer" to be a member of.

I hope she knows that, I'm saddened that my role here did not allow me to express it to her directly. 

• I do believe she has moved on from NAS which is a great shame as she was always kind and supportive when I emailed her.

Yes, she was for me too.

I do wonder if we no longer have a community manager Thinking

• Yes it was Clare. I do believe she has moved on from NAS which is a great shame as she was always kind and supportive when I emailed her.

• I will email the com man about your troubles......it does seem to be ridiculous

Thankyou.

I don't think that the community manager is around as I know of other emails that haven't been replied to.

It used to be Clare but I think she may have left.

It's hopefully just because of the holiday period.

• I will email the com man about your troubles......it does seem to be ridiculous

Thankyou.

I don't think that the community manager is around as I know of other emails that haven't been replied to.

It used to be Clare but I think she may have left.

It's hopefully just because of the holiday period.

Children
  • We lose a lot of genuinely good & nice people from this forum it seems.

Now "good and nice" I realise is subjective, but having an abundance of those qualities as I see them, gets people automatically invited onto my friends list and I'm quite dismayed to see how many of them seem to have left the site and my friends list. An awful lot of the decent ones just slip away with no fanfare...

Being someone who has been the recipient of many abuse allegations and has had several interactions with Claremod in the past I found her impressively wise and kind, and would have "friend requested" her in a trice, but I felt that would have made her job even harder... 

She was strong minded, wise (and I felt) supremely good at her job, and I felt she made this place "safer" to be a member of.

I hope she knows that, I'm saddened that my role here did not allow me to express it to her directly. 

• I do believe she has moved on from NAS which is a great shame as she was always kind and supportive when I emailed her.

Yes, she was for me too.

I do wonder if we no longer have a community manager Thinking

• Yes it was Clare. I do believe she has moved on from NAS which is a great shame as she was always kind and supportive when I emailed her.