Lonely 19 year old with autism

I'm the parent of a 19 year old young man with autism. He does what most young men of his age do in going to the pub, football etc. His issue is that he, although, doesn't have any real friends and he always feels on the outside of things. He talks to people in the pub and spends some time in chatrooms with local young men his age but when it comes to it, he doesn't feel that these guys are his friends and he's often excluded from meet ups. Anyone else have experience in this ? My son is a friendly, kind young guy amd I think he just needs a bit of a jump start in meeting the right person/people and he'll flourish. Problem is making that start.  Btw, we're in North Ayrshire.

Parents
  • Hi there nice to hear from you. I am a young man also 23 years old. I am looking for a friend also. I like football and going to the pub I don’t drink alcohol though I used to. I remember when I was 19 it seems like a long time ago. I still don’t feel like a full man yet. I have never had a girlfriend or anything like that. It’s good you live in Ayrshire it’s nice there I like going there sometimes the sandy beaches are nice when they are not too busy like they are in the summer.

• Hi there nice to hear from you. I am a young man also 23 years old. I am looking for a friend also. I like football and going to the pub I don’t drink alcohol though I used to. I remember when I was 19 it seems like a long time ago. I still don’t feel like a full man yet. I have never had a girlfriend or anything like that. It’s good you live in Ayrshire it’s nice there I like going there sometimes the sandy beaches are nice when they are not too busy like they are in the summer.

Children
No Data