Happy Christmas everyone and special greetings to those who are alone today

Happy Christmas all and I hope this day is everything you hope it will be. 

A special mention to those of you who may be spending Christmas alone this year. Your autistic community is here for you.

Santa

Parents
  • Merry Christmas! Christmas tree

I had some presents to open, walked down to the postbox with the dog - there was a Christmas card from the milkman (I buy my milk in glass bottles)

The dog opened his presents - a new squeaky toy and some cheesy dog biscuits, his favourite! 

(Merry Christmas to all our animal companions too  Blush)

Now I'm having a festive drink... Blush

There's a new cartoon on Channel 4, which I might stream later, but just enjoying the peace! 

• I buy my milk in glass bottles

That's how it always was when I was young.

The service is no longer available where I live.

It's so nice to have the milk delivered.

Merry Christmas to all our animal companions too 

Absolutely!

Our cat is asleep on a hot water bed.

Now I'm having a festive drin

Cheers Champagne

We have 2 friends joining us for lunch, so nice and simple, and then another friend joining us in the afternoon for a drink.

By 5pm the coast should be clear as our friends respectively go home for their cats.

Enjoy - peace is a lovely thing.

• That's how it always was when I was young.

The service is no longer available where I live.

Yes, there used to be daily milk deliveries, right? Much more sustainable, but I'm guessing supermarkets ended it? 

I made the decision to get milk delivered because it cuts my plastic use, in a very small way. The milkman comes twice a week, and has never yet complained about the potholes! Slight smile

I prefer the feel of glass too, those plastic bottles are a bit unpleasant!

Our cat is asleep on a hot water bed.

That sounds lovely! Blush

Cheers

Cheers! I hope you have a peaceful evening, once all your guests have gone Blush 

• Yes, there used to be daily milk deliveries, right? Much more sustainable, but I'm guessing supermarkets ended it? 

Correct on both counts.

We had 2 dairies that I remember in Portsmouth (Portsea Island) and they were amongst the houses.

We sometimes had 'gold top' milk delivered which was very rich and all the milk had to be shaken as it wasn't homogenised.

The milkmen (always male from memory) would also deliver a few other provisions including bread.

I remember milk deliveries in Pompey into the 1990s but not beyond.

I'm not sure when they actually ended.

The rattle of the milk van early in the morning is an abiding aural memory.

I hope you have a peaceful evening

I believe I shall thanks although I am very drained.

Wishing you and everyone here the same.

• Yes, there used to be daily milk deliveries, right? Much more sustainable, but I'm guessing supermarkets ended it? 

Correct on both counts.

We had 2 dairies that I remember in Portsmouth (Portsea Island) and they were amongst the houses.

We sometimes had 'gold top' milk delivered which was very rich and all the milk had to be shaken as it wasn't homogenised.

The milkmen (always male from memory) would also deliver a few other provisions including bread.

I remember milk deliveries in Pompey into the 1990s but not beyond.

I'm not sure when they actually ended.

The rattle of the milk van early in the morning is an abiding aural memory.

I hope you have a peaceful evening

I believe I shall thanks although I am very drained.

Wishing you and everyone here the same.

Children
No Data