deleating old threads.

Just to be clear if I read the latest moderators note corectly they are saying all threads older than 3 years are going to be deleated. Not locked. Deleated.

I don't belive anyone asked for that inspite of what the note says about listening to feedback. I can only assume it has nothing to do with feedback and more to do with reducing load on the servers.

I think a lot of people probably missed this detail in the note so it was worth mentioning.

Parents
  • PLEASE DON'T DELETE THE OLD THREADS.....UNLESS YOU REALLY NEED TO, FOR SPACE REASONS.

I say this, for two reasons;

1.  When I first came to this forum, I spent months and months reading old and very old threads that were answering my questions perfectly.  There is a lot of wisdom in a lot of the old threads that is still as current today as it was when first written.

2.  It is (for me) very comforting to see the same cycle of questions and process of "awakening" into the autistic reality/acceptance - repeated over-and-over by the various cohorts who inhabit this place at various points along the timeline continuum.  The fact that this is not a "brand new shiny experience" that I feel - but a well worn and predictable path - is comforting.

Lock them if you must.....but utter eradication seems excessive to me.

• The thing that brought me here in the first place was a google search result which returned a very old thread.

Reply Children
No Data