Blogging about autistic experiences- do you have any experience or suggestions?

Hi fellow neurokin!

I have recently become interested in blogging about my autistic experience for an autistic led organisation. I have already written a blog for Neurodiverse Connection but I don’t yet have another opportunity to write another one for them.

I wondered if any one else has experience of this?

If so, did you enjoy it? Do you have any recommendations of autistic led organisations to contact?

I have thought about starting my own website dedicated to blogging about autistic experiences but I don’t think I am ready for that yet.

Thank you in advance!Smile

Parents
  • Hello!

If you have Microsoft Word you could write out a blog just for yourself. That way you can test the waters and see how you get on, and whether it's for you or not.

I had a blog site a couple of years ago, mostly during covid. I was blogging about autism and my special interests and I really enjoyed it! I've thought of starting it again but I really don't have time anymore because I'm working so much.

I have thought about starting my own website dedicated to blogging about autistic experiences but I don’t think I am ready for that yet.

Take your time. There's no rush at all to do anything. Blush Please let us know if you decide to go ahead with blogging in the end, I'd love to read yours.

• Hello!

If you have Microsoft Word you could write out a blog just for yourself. That way you can test the waters and see how you get on, and whether it's for you or not.

I had a blog site a couple of years ago, mostly during covid. I was blogging about autism and my special interests and I really enjoyed it! I've thought of starting it again but I really don't have time anymore because I'm working so much.

Take your time. There's no rush at all to do anything. Blush Please let us know if you decide to go ahead with blogging in the end, I'd love to read yours.

Children
  • I had a blog site a couple of years ago, mostly during covid. I was blogging about autism and my special interests and I really enjoyed it! I've thought of starting it again but I really don't have time anymore because I'm working so much.

Thanks for your reply. It's great that you enjoyed blogging so much, I think it is a great career avenue for autistics like us as we literally get to infodump about our passions!

It's a shame that you can't continue as you are working so much.

Thanks, maybe having my own blog is a future plan.