Does anyone give a?

I'm 36 years old and have no friends, I do not see the point in this life. All I see around me are hypocrites and vile demons who have no souls. I was beaten up by two drug dealers recently for flirting with their "girls" who they control; i. e. they are pimps as well. People in this world are vile, in many instances. I am extremely isolated and people refuse to allow me to use their charity services or whatever else because I drink heavily even though I meditate for 6 hours a day and admire Gandhi, Buddha and all the Hindu Gods as well as the Abrahamic God too. I go in pubs sometimes and pull out a paperback book and read it. I am a civilised and decent man. It seems to me all life is, is pain.

Parents Reply
  • Is that the guy who famously gave up booze, only to adopt a notable habit in acid?!

Like I say, I am not an evangelical.....I am "an" autistic...I see all angles....not just angels and demons!

Children
  • It's not ALL in the big book.....either of Them.....in my opinion.   It's worth looking at the stuff that didn't feature in the published books but that subsequently came to light....or came to light "quietly" thereafter?!

• I hear you.  I don't doubt you....and yet I have my own experiential realities too.....and a propensity to research things to death!......and to speak my own truth.

The key is to get a grip of one's self (I believe).....that isn't always achieveable from within another's well worn shoes !  I have odd fitting feet!!!.......but then again, I'm not one to be seduced by the concept of the news of a higher power.....I was always cognisant of that concept, even when pis sed out of my head!!!

Whatever works mate.....that's the key?

• I defend Bill W and the program

Again Not on acid!! Not on anything. On target, understanding from the inside You are thinking of Leary perhaps? Please go to s meeting and see. they are actually really great environments for autistic people. quiet, focused, orderly, no cross talk, kind, tolerant, clear set of rules to follow.

• ??? acid?? NoT. That was the whole point. 

It's all in the "Big Book".

• not really, dear #, its has steps and rules and protocol and an orderly way of structuring ones recovery. It's got all sorts.

• PPS....Although AA choose not to release any stats regarding the success of our "type" in the programme.......anecdotal evidence suggests that we don't particularly fit in...and often drop out.  Quelle Surpise !!
  • PS.....I also have a strong propensity to support "whatever works"....so have no objection (in principle) to Bill W.  ......it's just very normie?!