Struggling with Unemployment

Hello all,

Today marks a year of unemployment for me since my last paid role at an internship for a market research agency. It has been a truly difficult year to say the least....sometimes I wonder how I'm still alive after going through countless rejections for jobs. I made a recent post a little bit more about myself and my situation, so feel free to have a read just so you can understand with some context.

I feel as though I just cannot seem to gain unemployment...it seems so unattainable, especially with recruiting processes set up mainly for the neurotypical world. For most of the jobs I applied for, I managed to get past the CV stage, but the rejection almost seems to occur at the interview stage or if there is an assessment that requires you to record a video of yourself answering a question. I'll be honest, interviews are not my strength at all - basically anything that requires you to speak or sell yourself - I just cannot thrive in such areas, even having made an attempt to improve on these skills. I could only sell myself through my work and skills - let the work do the talking for you. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to tackle unemployment with interviews not being a strong suit? Could you just request for an alternative way of assessment such as a trial shift or portfolio rather than an interview?

Parents Reply Children
No Data