Trust and Social Naivette

How trusting are you?  If someone presented themselves as a good person would  you immediately take their word for it?  How easy to manipulate do you consider yourself?  I'm sure it's not just Autistic people who are taken advantage of.  But are Autistic people easier to take advantage of?  Do you present yourself as honest? And do you see other people as being the same as you?  Because often they are not.

Parents
  • I don't know how to answer...

But I'll try. 

I think, I was once more interested in people, than now - although never that much. Did I trust people? Sometimes, perhaps. I have to say it was rarely merited.

I had a few good friends, all the same, most of whom are now dead, through accident and misfortune...

I don't really involve myself much, now - I don't know, maybe it's a brain damage thing, or loss, or both. 

So trust isn't an issue, so much. 

I tend to take everyone at face value, respect all, assume all are good, until I learn differently.

That seems fair. 

• Hey don't worry. Often I look at my own threads a few days later and think... why I am I so serious all the time?  I struggle with being light hearted I think. I could do with mellowing out man.

Reply Children
No Data