Trust and Social Naivette

How trusting are you?  If someone presented themselves as a good person would  you immediately take their word for it?  How easy to manipulate do you consider yourself?  I'm sure it's not just Autistic people who are taken advantage of.  But are Autistic people easier to take advantage of?  Do you present yourself as honest? And do you see other people as being the same as you?  Because often they are not.

Parents
  • Myself, I was betrayed by my closest friends and family. I had not trusted anyone in 20 years, and I do not know if I would do that again.

All the other aspies I met were either totally untrusting, or naïve and trusting in a childish way. The last "job coach" I met had the ASD and was so naïve that he would never had survived more than a week in a real job environment. There ought to be a middle way

• Have you read Marc Segar's book?  It's called A Survival Guide for People With Aspergers Syndrome.  It's an old book from the 90's and Marc is long dead but it's the best book I've read on navigating the Uk Social scene.  Of course it's only helpful to you for as long as you are socially active.

• Have you read Marc Segar's book?  It's called A Survival Guide for People With Aspergers Syndrome.  It's an old book from the 90's and Marc is long dead but it's the best book I've read on navigating the Uk Social scene.  Of course it's only helpful to you for as long as you are socially active.

Children
No Data