Declined an assessment...

Hey guys!

I find myself here again looking for advice.

I was referred for an Ausmtism assessment back in July, was sent some forms in August... and finally heard back a few days ago saying that, although I'm "clearly struggling in some areas, [they] don't think I need an assessment at this time." Despite having sent a whole other document full of traits, that I feel point towards me being Autistic, as I couldn't fit everything on the form. Apparently my form didn't show *enough* traits...

I feel quite downhearted, and like I've been completely dismissed. I've don't a lot of reading up about Autism over this year, and I don't think I'm wrong in this.. too much of my life experiences now make sense under this lens for me to want to just let it go...

I have put in for a 2nd opinion, but my appointment isn't until mid January...

I've never had to do this before...

And I'm worried that it'll just get me nowhere again, though I'm gonna keep trying... the message my doctor sent when suggesting a 2nd opinion said about maybe looking privately... would they refer me for such for free, or do I have to pay in that case?

Has anyone else been through similar?

What did you do in the end?

Parents
  • They said ( and i quote ).....
    [they] don't think I need an assessment at this time." 
    Really ?
    So at what time DO They think you will need one ?
    I know how the whole system works,have been  through the whole mentai health system for 8 Years.
    They tick boxes then forget you untill your next appointment.
    They never listen and they mis-quote you the next time the see you.
    Any errors on their side are deflected back to YOU to cover their ows A...S. " Their favorite  saying  is "You did not engage "
    I told my last O.T' s two weeks ago to  forget it.
     I won't babble on but just to say that a complaint is in progress.
    We NEED help, not substitute jobsworths..

• They said ( and i quote ).....
    [they] don't think I need an assessment at this time." 
    Really ?
    So at what time DO They think you will need one ?
    I know how the whole system works,have been  through the whole mentai health system for 8 Years.
    They tick boxes then forget you untill your next appointment.
    They never listen and they mis-quote you the next time the see you.
    Any errors on their side are deflected back to YOU to cover their ows A...S. " Their favorite  saying  is "You did not engage "
    I told my last O.T' s two weeks ago to  forget it.
     I won't babble on but just to say that a complaint is in progress.
    We NEED help, not substitute jobsworths..

Children
  • Aye, agreed =/ maybe it's like an above reply says... "although your struggling ... not at this time" because they're trying to get through more severe cases first? =/

Feel free to "babble on" all you like, I don't mind!

Sorry that you've had such a rough ride with them =( it's not good enough at all!