My assessment is complete

I'm not sure how I feel about it anymore... I don't feel I have autism. With the ADOS I struggled the most, but with the ADI-r I said "I don't have a problem with that" to a lot of things. She had asked me if I was also assessed for ADHD a few minutes in. She said I don't need to be so nervous but that's literally how I go about life. I am ALWAYS anxious I don't know how to not be..

Parents
  • I'm sorry you felt so anxious but look on the bright side, it's over now and you're a step closer to what you've been waiting for. Well done on getting through the assessment and don't worry about feeling anxious - I did as well and I passed out during mine.

• If I am honest, I am anxious the vast majority of times so much so sometimes I don't even know I am tense or anxious. She told me I didn't need to be "tense", but I didn't realise I was.

Reply Children
  • That sounds like Generalised Anxiety Disorder where you're anxious, tense and in a constant state of worry all the time and there isn't always a cause you just "feel" it.

I get this as well. I do yoga and am on medication to help with it, which does help at least ease it a little.